[fluid-dev] Possible bug in MIDI file playback

From: 910jm3i02
Subject: [fluid-dev] Possible bug in MIDI file playback
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 14:07:42 +0100

Hello all,

I encountered a strange issue when playing back with Fluidsynth a MIDI file
exported from Rosegarden 1.2.3. The file consists of 3 tracks (or whatever
I'm supposed to call them), of which the first one starts later than the
second and the third.

It appears that Fluidsynth plays instead the first and third track
simultaneaously, and starts the second one later.

TiMidity++ however plays the file correctly, and re-importing the MIDI file
into Rosegarden yields also the correct result. This leads me to the
assumption that the problem might be with Fluidsynth.

The problem occurred in Fluidsynth 1.0.6, and it persisted after I upgraded to
Fluidsynth 1.0.7a.

If you need me to send or upload to somewhere the MIDI file, just let me know.

Thank you very much for you efforts.