Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth: reenable connections after SF2-load

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth: reenable connections after SF2-load
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:36:19 -0700 (PDT)

> I have noticed that qsynth+fluidsynth has to be
> restarted after a soundfont
> file was loaded. After doing that, the connections
> between MIDI ports etc.
> are lost and have to be set manually again.
>
> Is there some way to automatically re-enable the
> connections as they were
> before a new SF2 file was loaded into
> qsynth+fluidsynth?
>
> Thx. for any hint,
> Lutz.

Lutz,

If you use qjackctl to control jackd, there's a button
for "Patchbay".  It will normally keep/restore all the
connections for you, you can even save different
connection sets in different patchbay (connection)
profiles, too.  While a connection profile is in used,
if I try to disconnect any, it re-establishes if I
remember correctly.

If you make all the connections first, you can use
"Patchbay" to use the existing connections and save
that as a patchbay profile.

You may also want to have an "empty" profile with no
connections, just in case you want to revert back to
make connections manually.  Because I don't know of a
way to "disable" an active profile.
Hope it works for you.

I was just messing around the qjackctl GUI, haven't
really look around for docs, if any exists.

Jimmy

Be a better friend, newshound, and