Re: [fluid-dev] One output per channel

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] One output per channel
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 19:12:04 -0800

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 23:39 +0100, Bernat Arlandis i Mañó wrote:
> Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas escrigué:
> >
> > I would like to see this fix (ticket #21) into trunk, if it can be
> > backported
> > without breaking 1.x API.
> >

> It deals basically with the Jack driver, I've replaced the obsolete
> new_fluid_jack_audio_driver2 function with the newer
> new_fluid_jack_audio_driver function. I haven't touched the function
> definitions so I think it's compatible, and the patch should be easy to
> apply directly to the trunk since the new branch hasn't changed much.
> It's up to you to decide whether it should get to the trunk.
>
> It could have been fixed better, I know, but I didn't want to break
> compatibility for now.
>
> You can see the changeset here:
> http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/changeset/154
>
> Best regards.

The new2 driver stuff is not obsolete.  Its used in particular by QSynth
to intercept the audio for meters.  I definitely think this mess should
be overhauled for FluidSynth 2.x, but shouldn't be removed in the 1.x
branch though.  I didn't look at your changes closely yet, so perhaps I
misunderstood exactly what changes you have made.  I'll take a closer
look when I get a chance.

        Josh