Re: [fluid-dev] My absence and misunderstandings

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] My absence and misunderstandings
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 20:18:00 +0200

Josh Green skrev:
> We are all here volunteering our time and the
> last thing we should be feeling is that its just another drudgery or
> "work".  In fact we all deserve praise and reward for the time, effort
> and enthusiasm we bring the project.

Indeed. Actually I could just say "indeed" for most of the text you
wrote in this mail.

> I do not want to
> obsolete or override anyone's efforts if it goes against the project as
> a whole.

I guess that goes for all of us. However it is easy to fall into the
other hole instead - if everybody takes a step back just to avoid
clamping into someone else's territory, we might end up with a situation
where nobody goes forward.

> - David Henningsson's patch on the MIDI timing issues should be
> committed to trunk (1.x) and perfected as needed.

Ok, if nobody objects I will commit my timing/slave-timer patch in its
current state, in the next few days.

> That is my current perspective on project direction.  I would like to
> extend an invitation to Bernat in particular, to communicate his
> thoughts on his work with 2.x and how we can develop a team strategy to
> move forward.  I also encourage others to be a part of this process.

Let me add, what I'm missing in particular would to hear Bernat's point
of view of a time schedule for 2.x.

// David