Re: [fluid-dev] midi player issues

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] midi player issues
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:13:14 +0200

On Monday, April 20, 2009, Josh Green wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 23:07 +0200, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > Felix Krause wrote:
> > > - fludi_player_stop stops the midi player, but doesn't mute the
> > > currently playing notes. If I call fluid_player_start afterwards, the
> > > player doesn't output anything for exactly the amount of time it had
> > > played my file until I called stop. Then, it continues playing the
> > > file from the position I stopped it.
> > >
> > > Is this a bug? Or am I simply doing something awfully wrong?
> >
> > As David said, you've found several unimplemented and/or broken
> > functions. Please, can you create tickets into the bug tracker?
> > http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/report
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pedro
>
> Since Felix hasn't responded and tickets haven't yet been added, I went
> ahead and added 2 new tickets:
> http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/33
> http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/34
>
> Not sure how to handle the fluid_player_stop issue.

I would create a third bug report. Maybe a request for enhancement, because it
seems that the player would need a new function to handle position set/reset.
I guess that the notes can be muted by the client program using
fluid_synth_system_reset(). This same function call can be added
before/inside fluid_player_play().

I would like to add several more features to the player for:
- getting the number of queued songs in the play list.
- set the current song to a given index.
- delete one song from the play list.
- loop mode (off, only one song, the whole queue, ... ).
- add the player functions to the commands interface.

Comments?

Regards,
Pedro