Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth on 64-bit Linux

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth on 64-bit Linux
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:03:46 -0400

On Apr 20, 2009, at 1:07 AM, Josh Green wrote:

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 16:59 -0400, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
Hello

To 64-bit Debian users, I am forwarding this message that I received
off-list. It would be appreciated if anybody could assist/test on
64-bit Linux.

       The latest svn (r168) has a persistent make error, when
       compiling from source.

       On 64studio 64bit:

       Compiles ok, with Jack recognised as present.

       Make goes wrong with: " /bin/sed: Can't
       read /usr/lib64/libjack.la: No such file or directory."
       "libtool: link: '/usr/lib64/libjack.la' is not a valid libtool
       archive."

       Any clues?

       Alex.

       p.s. I can add fluidsynth 0.8.2 from synaptic for 64studio
       64bit, so i still have a usable version. I've only D/L and
       compiled from SVN as a test to report back to you Fluidsynth
       devs.

It would be interesting how fluidsynth could perform with huge
soundfonts (> 4 GB of RAM).

Did you ever figure out what was going on with this issue?  A lot of
times I find that build issues on the Mac are not isolated to one
project and can find other info on the Internet if I search for the
right error messages.

Josh

My question is not related to any Mac issue :-]

This query is directed to anybody who could be using a 64-bit Debian distro (David ? Bernat ?). My guess is that fluidsynth needs to be made 64-bit compatible so that linking against 64-bit capable libjack can be accomplished without error.