[fluid-dev] midi player issues

From: Felix Krause
Subject: [fluid-dev] midi player issues
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:28:37 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using the fluidsynth library (current unstable Mac version from fink) and tested the midi file player. It behaves very strange:

- fluid_player_set_loop doesn't seem to have any effect (I tried to set loop to 1, 5, negative values...). - fluid_player_set_bpm seems to set the bpm always to 0, no matter what bpm value I'm calling it with. This results in the first chord of the midi file being played forever. My application hangs if I call delete_fluid_player or fluid_player_join afterwards.
- fluid_player_set_midi_tempo shows the same behaviour.
- fludi_player_stop stops the midi player, but doesn't mute the currently playing notes. If I call fluid_player_start afterwards, the player doesn't output anything for exactly the amount of time it had played my file until I called stop. Then, it continues playing the file from the position I stopped it.

Is this a bug? Or am I simply doing something awfully wrong?

Cheers,
Felix