Re: [fluid-dev] midi player issues

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] midi player issues
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:01:02 -0700

On Mon, 2009-04-20 at 19:13 +0200, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> I would create a third bug report. Maybe a request for enhancement, because
> it
> seems that the player would need a new function to handle position set/reset.
> I guess that the notes can be muted by the client program using
> fluid_synth_system_reset(). This same function call can be added
> before/inside fluid_player_play().
>
> I would like to add several more features to the player for:
> - getting the number of queued songs in the play list.
> - set the current song to a given index.
> - delete one song from the play list.
> - loop mode (off, only one song, the whole queue, ... ).
> - add the player functions to the commands interface.
>
> Comments?
>
> Regards,
> Pedro

Those sound like good ideas to me!  One thing we need to start getting
in order is the API documentation.  I had started going through all the
public functions and adding Doxygen documentation to them, but never
finished that.  As we add new features, we need to mark the version when
they were added, so users of the API can know what their software will
require.

This shouldn't stop us from coding new stuff of course, but it is
sometimes a lot easier to add documentation as code is added, rather
than doing it later.

I was going to add a ticket for documentation, but see that you beat me
to it!

Regards,
        Josh