Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:29:56 -0400

Quoting Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <address@hidden>:
On Monday, April 27, 2009, address@hidden wrote:
Looking at the recent commits, I thought it would be good to mention
some general guidelines.

Please make use of the ChangeLog.  Change details don't have to be
incredibly detailed and in fact more general descriptions are better,
since the details are in the code itself.

I'm sorry for not doing it sometimes.

No problem. I rarely actually go back and look at it, but that has been because it was primarily just me developing on the project. I think it will help us all if we at least put some little tidbits in there of what we are doing. Better something than nothing :) It came in real handy when summarizing the changes between 1.0.8 and 1.0.9.

Doxygen comments should be put in the .c source files above the
definition which they describe, not in the headers.  A TODO item is to
move the existing documentation into the C code.

Except doxygen comments for types, constants, enums,... that are defined only
in the headers. A brief file description may be also be included for each
header. I'm thinking about defining doxygen modules (tags for grouping things
together) also within headers and source files.

I had forgotten to mention the header only stuff..  The tags sound good too.

Please add DOCME tags whenever you find poorly, unclear or undefined items.
There are already a buch of them (about 30). If you find one which you can
fix, please do it!

I'll put some time into adding more docs. It would also help me to get a more in depth view into some of those more dusty parts of FluidSynth.

I'm going to (slowly) add comments where I'm proficient (MIDI related things).

Great!

Regards,
Pedro

Regards,