Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Some guidelines for FluidSynth development
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:56:14 +0200

On Tuesday, April 28, 2009, address@hidden wrote:
> Quoting David Henningsson <address@hidden>:
> > address@hidden skrev:
> >> Doxygen comments should be put in the .c source files above the
> >> definition which they describe, not in the headers.  A TODO item is to
> >> move the existing documentation into the C code.
> >
> > What about the public API? I assume we would have one doxygen target for
> > the public API and one for "everything". Will that work if we move it
> > into the .c file?
>
> Yes, if I understand you correctly, the Doxygen documentation can be
> placed in the C file for public API functions and will still get
> picked up by Doxygen.

Yes. Doxygen reads by default a configuration file named "Doxyfile",
containing the document specifications. Using this standard name we don't
need to provide the configuration file name in the command line, but we can
also create two (or more) configurations, like a "DoxyPublicAPI" and
a "DoxyAll" for instance, with different sets of files to scan and process.
Look for the options: INPUT and FILE_PATTERNS. I've used doxywizard(1) to
update the current configuration.

In any case, I would work on a good documentation for the public API before
thinking about anything else.

> >>  * API: 1.1.0
> >>  */
> >
> > I suggest we use the "since" doxygen command:
> > @since: 1.1.0
>
> I thought there might be something special for that, but wasn't sure
> what it was.  Sounds good!

I agree.

> > // David
>
>     Josh