Re: [fluid-dev] Debian/ubuntu packages for 1.1.0 available for testing

From: jimmy
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Debian/ubuntu packages for 1.1.0 available for testing
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 11:14:56 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 21:07:17 -0800
> From: address@hidden
>
> Sounds good to me too.  Are you aware of any
> convenient MIDI injection
> programs?  It would be good to test all MIDI messages
> to make sure
> there aren't any other problems.

"MIDI injection programs"...  You mean playing a few midi events, messages, or
sysex's?

Something like seq24 can import (maybe only a single track from multi-track
MIDI file), record/edit some sequences and replay at the touch of a pc-keyboard
key.

Midish from

   http://caoua.org/midish/
   http://caoua.org/midish/manual.html

allow record, edit, filter, and programmed subroutines...  Can be used from
shell script, I think.

Perl and Python should have some MIDI modules for interaction, or file access.

There may be some examples of GUI slider widgets, or mouse controls that can be
programmed to adjust/send MIDI CC's interactively, too.

Jimmy