Re: [fluid-dev] Jack and CoreAudio are mutually exclusive

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Jack and CoreAudio are mutually exclusive
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:21:26 -0800

Quoting Ebrahim Mayat <address@hidden>:
Hello Josh

Well, I do not own a Firewire device yet but since the use of these
devices is now coming into the mainstream on both Linux and OS X, I
thought this is one point you might consider as a possible feature
addition in the near future.

I tried running fluidsynth with different -z values and this does not
have any effect. So yeah, AudioDeviceGetProperty() could be one area
that could be refactored.

The other point is that (if you excuse the pun) Jack seems to hijack
CoreAudio. If JackOSX remains installed and I run `fluidsynth -a
coreaudio...' the jackd server daemon is started and audio is rendered.
So, the "incompatibility" problem could lie with JackOSX ?

P.S. The doxygen-based documentation is highly-detailed and a welcome
addition. Many thanks to all who worked on it.

Yeah, my guess is that the failure is happening because Jack is already using the audio device?

Josh