Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: MIDI Bank Select proposal (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Son of ticket #65)
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:06:12 -0500

Another option, rather than try to guess what bank select mode to use would be to default to the GS standard, but have an option to use XG mode--this could even be a switch added to Qsynth easily enough for us GUI folks.

That being said, if the guessing is pretty foolproof, then that's probably the best option.
-~Chris