Re: [fluid-dev] Diwic's wedding march

From: Kevin Fishburne
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Diwic's wedding march
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:16:33 -0400

On 07/22/2011 03:34 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
I've put up a ogg mixdown here:
http://www.diwic.se/music/Diwic%20-%20Wedding%20March.ogg

Notes about that composition:

* It's based on the Earlwood organ (the 3b_313 disposition, IIRC).

* The most difficult thing was the timing: I don't have a pedal board so
I had to record myself twice (pedals and manuals separately). That
doesn't give as good synchronisation as if I had been able to record it
all at the same time. I actually ran it through some midi-to-text
converter to adjust some of the worst timing mistakes.

* It's in mono since I only played it back through one speaker in the
church, and this is just that file converted to ogg format. For the same
reason, there is (almost?) no reverb - when the audience heard the
piece, the listening environment provided all the reverb needed.

Very pretty; I dig it. ;)

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues