Re: [fluid-dev] Diwic's wedding march

From: S. Christian Collins
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Diwic's wedding march
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 19:33:28 -0500

Very nice composition!  Now you've inspired me to check out jOrgan :)
-~Chris

[adding jOrgan-user to CC]

On 2011-07-20 19:37, Sven Meier wrote:
Hi David,

> As a side note, I composed the wedding march myself ... using jOrgan,
FluidSynth

that sounds interesting. Any chance to get hands on your creation? Midi
file, recording or Youtube video?

If you recall me two months ago calling for jOrgan support, trying not to sound like a last minute desperado, that was it :-)

I've put up a ogg mixdown here:
http://www.diwic.se/music/Diwic%20-%20Wedding%20March.ogg

Notes about that composition:

 * It's based on the Earlwood organ (the 3b_313 disposition, IIRC).

* The most difficult thing was the timing: I don't have a pedal board so I had to record myself twice (pedals and manuals separately). That doesn't give as good synchronisation as if I had been able to record it all at the same time. I actually ran it through some midi-to-text converter to adjust some of the worst timing mistakes.

* It's in mono since I only played it back through one speaker in the church, and this is just that file converted to ogg format. For the same reason, there is (almost?) no reverb - when the audience heard the piece, the listening environment provided all the reverb needed.

* For now, please respect my Copyright on the composition - which means, should you want to use it for any purpose, just contact me, and we'll work something out. Not because I intend it to make a lot of money out of it - I doubt I will, just because it's quite personal to me and I'd like to know.

Again thanks to all contributors to jOrgan and FluidSynth that made it possible.

// David