Re: [fluid-dev] [ANNOUNCE] FluidSynth 1.1.4 released!

From: Orcan Ogetbil
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] [ANNOUNCE] FluidSynth 1.1.4 released!
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 13:28:09 -0400

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very quiet, and have been answering this thread in a polite and
> friendly tone,

Thank you.

> even if I have all the right to feel angry after the false
> claim that you started with this sentence:

No, the claim is valid and correct.

> On Thursday 04 August 2011, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately this is wrong. The variable ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR} is
>
>> already expected to have the lib suffix in it, i.e. it is set to
>
>> /usr/lib64 on multilib 64bit systems. This is the cmake standard we
>
>> have with hundreds of packages in Fedora.
>
> This claim is false because the variable LIB_INSTALL_DIR is not defined by
> CMake at all.

Maybe not, but there is a consistent usage across distributions, which
fluidsynth-1.1.4 now conflicts (but 1.1.3 did not) and I gave examples
in the follow up email but I guess you ignored. See below.

> Your links point to several RPM specs, mostly from Fedora itself, that don't
> offer any demonstration that LIB_INSTALL_DIR is a CMake standard variable
> with the defined semantics of having the lib suffix in it.

If you had read my follow up email, you would have seen that I
demonstrated how the 1.1.4 build will break in 2 non-Fedora
distributions. And these were the 2 of the distributions you quoted.
Please go and read that follow up email:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2011-08/msg00020.html

> If you don't want step down your false claim, I'm not going to continue the
> discussion.

Feel free to do that. But please calm down. No need to get angry. We
all do mistakes.

Thanks,
Orcan