Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Logging library proposal
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 20:24:19 +0100 (CET)

> Also, I recall some formatting discussions somewhen last year (I
> don't know exactly when that was); IIRC Werner proposed a new output
> formatting but ran against a wall there.

What I want is the ability to output the component and level a
debugging message belongs (a bit similar to what the Linux kernel is
doing) so that it is easier to see where it comes from.  In
particular, it would help select the right parameters for the
FT2_DEBUG environment variable to avoid zillions of uninteresting
messages.

    Werner