gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename profiles, rev. 2336

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename profiles, rev. 2336
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 02:30:44 +0100

Piotr:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've just added the code for storing/loading and managing the advrename
> profiles. Although it's not complete yet (editing and importing still
> don't work, sigh), it's quite usable now.

works. Quite cool ! hmm....import remote ? Do you imagine to 'ftp' to a future
gnome-commander online repository here ?

I wonder if that can't be part of the 'file open' dialog.
Ahem - no it doesn't look like ... at least gedit and gimp have a separate
'open location' dialog.

It might be handy to have a 'duplicate' (or 'klone') button, to start with a
template.

Edit ... hmmm, but we can edit a profile in the advrename main window. You
really want to call the same editor from two different levels ? I hope this is
not calling for runtime bugs and confusion...how about re-using the main editor

By now, after loading a profile, all advrename buttons beside 'add' are
disabled. Also, it looks like saving a modified version of a profile (by same
name) is not implemented. But i suspect there's no point in such remarks on
alpha code.

Finally i think gnome-commander starts to be superior to most others, in some
very important details :) and it's all about your work of the last 2 y, Piotr.

And i know the konqueror thing. But their advanced renaming is too complicated
and specific - if you really like to learn *that* syntax, then why not just
regexpr which is much more useful in many places.

mi

ps. The CamelCase profile is a wonderful demonstration of regex magic :) i
didn't believe it can be possible.