gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename profiles, rev. 2336

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] [NEW] Advrename profiles, rev. 2336
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 18:02:33 +0100

> works. Quite cool ! hmm....import remote ? Do you imagine to
> 'ftp' to a future gnome-commander online repository here ?

gcmd is not limited to ftp any more ;o) I've been thinking about kind of
profiles (default) repository @ gcmd home page accessible via plain
http, but of course profiles could be imported from any place.

> It might be handy to have a 'duplicate' (or 'klone') button, to
> start with a template.

This seems to be a good idea.

> Edit ... hmmm, but we can edit a profile in the advrename main
> window.

No, gcmd can't edit stored profiles yet - gcmd can edit current
advrename settings only. To be edited, profile has to be loaded first,
than modified and saved under new name. Using 'profile manager' the
previous version of profile can be deleted; the next step is to rename
the profile to the old name.

> You really want to call the same editor from two
> different levels ? I hope this is not calling for runtime bugs
> and confusion...how about re-using the main editor

Of course, I'll re-use the code whenever possible, but we need the new
dlg for editing stored profiles.

> By now, after loading a profile, all advrename buttons beside
> 'add' are disabled.

Fixed, rev. 2338

> Also, it looks like saving a modified version
> of a profile (by same name) is not implemented.

gcmd uses advrename profiles as a 'library' only, ie. you can set
current advrename settings to the ones previously saved. To modify
profile you need 'edit' button in 'mange profile' dlg which is not
implemented yet.