gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming

From: Sophoklis Goumas
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Cannot use arrow keys, backspace, delete when renaming
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 08:44:06 +0300

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Michael <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does it still happen when you use Shift+F6 ?

Yes. The same behavior occurs whether I will use F2 or Shift-F6 for
renaming a file. I will have to take back however that ESC also gets
ignored as ESC works as expected (it cancels whatever renaming I've done).

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Uwe Scholz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Some other questions:
> What Linux distribution and version are you using?
> Which version of gtk+-2 is installed?

I'm on Debian testing/unstable (jessie/sid).
$ apt-cache policy libgtk2.0-0 | grep -i installed
Installed: 2.24.24-1

> Do you have any other program running in the background? If yes, close
> it and try renaming and using the position keys again. It might be that
> a program in the background catches the pressed arrow keys, ctrl + arrow
> keys, 'home', and 'end'. Otherwise... This would be strange, because you
> can use those keys for moving the cursor in the file list?

Indeed I can use those keys in question to move around in file list, but
when it comes to renaming a file those keys are being rendered "numb". I've
tried with no other program running in the background and yet the problem
still remains. I've noticed that as soon as I press F2 (or Shift-F6) it's
as if the gnome-commander window loses focus (it becomes inactive).

> If you have the time, try to install xfce or any other window manager
> apart from Gnome and test renaming again. Does the cursor move in this
> case?

I don't think I'll be able to do that, at least not soon, as there is
no DSL availability where I am yet and I'm on GPRS/3G at the moment.

Sophoklis