glug-nith-discuss

Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 CDs

From: Manu G.V
Subject: Re: [Glug-nith-discuss] Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.10 CDs
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:40:50 +0530

>>     I will volunteer to get them..............
  hey vivek there is a problem with Edgy. Many final years tried installing it and i have installed personally in 3 computers and there was always a problem with keyboard. Problems like, in firefox <Control>t doesn't work, insert key doesn't function in vi editor and vi editor becomes really tough to use. Even i had too many problems using edgy so i shifted back to dapper. Even ravinder and Amol shifted back to dapper. Gagan installed edgy and shifted back to dapper. Even this was the main reason why we prefered to install dapper 64bit than edgy 64bit though we had a dvd. What i suggest here is that try to find a solution for the keyboard problem and then it will be better to get cds.
 I request even rishi to look at this problem and comment.

- -
manu