gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Icons theme...

From: Bruno Miguel
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Icons theme...
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 13:01:07 +0100

Em 01-09-2008 06:22:58 Patricio Maciel escreveu:
> Hi all,
>
> I think it's time to adopt a new icon theme, that suit better with
> the
>
> new artwork...im working now on a new set of wallpapers and a new gdm
> screen, if we could found a good icon theme would be great...there is
> no
> time to start a new set of icons from scratch, but maybe we can found
> some (100% free) icon theme that fit better with the new screen
> artwork
> and the new Briareoh's theme...
>
> Please if someone found some interesting icon theme we can discuss,
> forward the link to the list...
>
> For reference, these are the links to the sketches of the wallpaper
> and
> the gdm theme...
>
> http://dalemasduro.iespana.es/imagenes/gns/wall_v2/
> wallpaper_v2_1_view.png
>
> http://dalemasduro.iespana.es/imagenes/gns/wall_v2/
> gns_login_v2_view.png
>
> Thanks...
>
> Daleduro...

The wallpaper is pretty awesome. Did you try using the bottom wave
only? I suggest this because gnome is known for not having the best
text shade in the icons on the desktop, and using a wallpaper in gnome
can be a difficult task if you want readability.

About the GDM, I think I would remove the line shadows.

Have you checked gnome-colors icon pack? I'm using them and I don't
want another icon set: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/GNOME-
colors?content=82562

Peace;
Bruno Miguel