gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:46:23 -0800

Yo John!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:21:27 +0000
John Klug <address@hidden> wrote:

> Without changing the configuration of the GPS messages being sent,
> the U-Blox will not send UBX-NAV-TIMELS (it is suppressed by default).

Yes, and in git head, gpsd now tries to turn it on.  But the gpsd u-blox
init is a bit flakey...  Workoing on that...

> That is why we change the initialization of the U-Blox.  You could
> probably initialize it with gpsctl, and use gpsd -b.

gpsctl just calls the gpsd initializer.  Does exactly the same thing.
Which now is what you want, but may change in the future.

You could send hex with gpsd, but that is a PITA.

If this becomes an issue, I'd change ubxtool to support enable/disable
of TIMELS.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588