gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:54:29 -0800

Yo John!

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:30:24 +0000
John Klug <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looking at this change in context, I see you are changing the output
> of the GPS.  My misunderstanding:
>
> (void)ubx_write(session, 0x06u, 0x01, msg, 3);
>         msg[0] = 0x01;        /* class */
>         msg[1] = 0x26;        /* msg id  = UBX_NAV_TIMELS */
>         msg[2] = 0xff;          /* about every 4 minutes if nav rate
> is 1Hz */ (void)ubx_write(session, 0x06, 0x01, msg, 3);
>
> I apologize!

No worries.

It may not stay that way.  Many u-blox GPS ship with 9,600 bps and
that does not allow for a lot of data every second.  If this overloads
some users then it may have to change.

No matter what, the gpsd u-blox init has to get better.  Right now it
just shoves all the change requests at once, and not all are valid for
every u-blox, and may overload the input buffer.

The SiRFstar init is a bit better, it has to be because it overflows
input easier than the u-blox.  But neither is solid yet.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588