grammatica-users

Re: [Grammatica-users] Grammatica with C# / VS.NET

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [Grammatica-users] Grammatica with C# / VS.NET
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:57:25 +0100

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 15:42, Magnus Bäck wrote:
> Luc Morin wrote:
>
> > If I may add an entry to the WishList for Grammatica, it would
>  > be nice to have a native C# tool.
>
> That would be preferable, but I think there are better ways of investing
> development time.

Actually, there just might be such a better way... This morning,
for no particular reason, it struck me that gcj (the GNU compiler
for Java) could probably be used to create a Windows binary
distribution of Grammatica. I've actually tried Grammatica under
gcj half a year back and it seemed to work alright for me then
(under Linux that is).

So if anyone of you running on Windows has a gcj environment
(there is one in Cygwin I think) it would be cool if you could
build a Grammatica binary for Win32... I'll probably try it
myself for the next release (whenever that is), but it is just
too painful to try to revive my old Windows 98 partition just
for trying this out... ;-)

Cheers,

/Per