guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami (ex GNU Ring)

From: swedebugia
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami (ex GNU Ring)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 06:41:57 +0100

On 2019-01-10 05:17, swedebugia wrote:
Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skrev: (9 januari 2019 19:14:38 CET)

    Jami is made of 3 packages and might drag in 2-3 packages that
    so far are not used by any other package.

    General question: where should those packages go?

    - ring.scm
    - jami.scm
    - telephony.scm

    ?

Hi Pierre.
I think we should put this into a new file voip.scm.

I started packaging qual (qual.net) yesterday as a challenge and it bundles pjsip aka pjproject.

Would you like my definition of it so far?
Here it comes:
(define-public pjproject
  (package
    (name "pjproject")
    (version "2.8")
    (source
     (origin
       (method url-fetch)
       (uri (string-append "http://www.pjsip.org/release/";
                           version "/" name "-"  version ".tar.gz"))
       (file-name (string-append name "-" version))
       (sha256
        (base32
         "0ybg0113rp3fk49rm2v0pcgqb28h3dv1pdy9594w2ggiz7bhngah"))))
    (build-system gnu-build-system)
    (native-inputs
     ;; TODO pulls in qtbase. Avoid that if possible as this is a library.
      ;; * opencore-amr (for the AMR-NB decoder and encoder and the
      ;;   AMR-WB decoder) <http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencore-amr/>
      ;;("opencore-amr" ,opencore-amr)
       ;; * libvo-amrwbenc
     `(("python" ,python)
       ("sdl2" ,sdl2)
       ("gnutls" ,gnutls)
       ("openssl" ,openssl)
       ("libvpx" ,libvpx)
       ("speex" ,speex)
       ("opus" ,opus)
       ("ffmpeg" ,ffmpeg)
       ("alsa-lib" ,alsa-lib)
       ("v4l-utils" ,v4l-utils)
       ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
       ("util-linux" ,util-linux))) ;uuid
;; Configure checks for SILK decoder. It is old and superseeded by OPUS so we ignore it.
    (arguments
'(#:configure-flags '("") ; None needed, it finds everything automatically :D
       #:tests? #f)) ; No tests.
    (home-page "http://www.pjsip.org";)
    (synopsis "")
    (description "")