guix-devel

Re: Packaging Jami (ex GNU Ring)

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Packaging Jami (ex GNU Ring)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:55:19 +0100

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for the offer, help is always welcome!

That said, opendht is already part of Guix ;)
It was out of date though, but updating it was simple enough, mostly thanks to
Tim's patch.

Now I'm onto pjproject.  I'll publish my work later today and if I get stuck
then everyone is welcome to look into it :D

> Long term, Ring as a name would disappear completely to be replaced by
> Jami.  The Jami developers have so far focused on changing the bits that
> were the most visible for the users, but they won't stop there.

True.  So I won't use neither ring.scm nor jami.scm.  voip.scm sounds like a
duplicate of telephony.scm, so I'll put everything into the latter to avoid
creating new files which could create further confusion.