[Help-smalltalk] bugs in configuring smalltalk 1.8.4

From: H. Nanosecond
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] bugs in configuring smalltalk 1.8.4
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 22:02:45 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I would like to point out that in version 1.8.4
the configure script says the wrong version

-->AC_REVISION($Revision: 1.8.3$)
   AC_INIT(main.c)
   AC_PREREQ(2.12)
   AC_CONFIG_HEADER(gstconf.h)

-->VERSION=1.8.1

Also in the file gstconfig.h.in the part
/* Define this to a place where we should mmap the heap */
#define MMAP_BASE ((char *)0)

should be
/* Define this to a place where we should mmap the heap */
#define MMAP_BASE ((char*)0)

because the autoconf script substitutes the first token only, resulting in
my gstconf.h saying
#define MMAP_BASE ((char *)0x500cd000) *)0)

which results in a syntax error later.