Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on Mac OS X compilation error

From: Philipp Riegger
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on Mac OS X compilation error
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:13:33 +0100

On Jan 11, 2006, at 9:40 AM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

I just tried to install GNU Smalltalk on OS X using NetBSD pkgsrc.

I get an error while compiling smalltalk-2.1.9/examples/gdbm.c because gdbm.c has "#include <malloc.h>" and there is no such file (/usr/include/malloc.h) on OS X. Is there any way to fix this or to compile Smalltalk without the examples?

So, this problem is solved by changing #include<malloc.h> to #include<stdlib.h>, but why is this not done by configure or somthing like this? I want to report a bug, where can i do it?

Because 2.1.9 is old. It's fixed now; you could report the bug to the NetBSD pkgsrc maintainers.

What package are you referring to with these version numbers?

Sorry, there was some Version mistmatch in my mind. Subversion was updated from 1.2.3 to 1.3.0. Since you know about that bug and it's fixed in the newer version, i'll talk to the pkgsrc-people.

What about the "next problem"?

Philipp