Re: [Help-smalltalk] Embedding GNU Smalltalk

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Embedding GNU Smalltalk
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:41:36 +0100

This in turn means I won't be able to use generational garbage collection. What will the penalties of this be?

Not big, I think.

In general, GNU Smalltalk is quite close to the "metal". It uses OS services for most of its duties, including asynchronous file I/O and memory management. It even has its own malloc.

Is there any overview document of GNU Smalltalk from a systems integration point of view that anyone can point me at?

Not that I know of.