help-zile

Re: [zile-devel] cursor problems

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [zile-devel] cursor problems
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:25:47 +0200 (CEST)

Please take a look if the solution is adequated (first it writes the
minibuf content and then redisplay). Look the isearch() routine.

That looks fine. I will start using CVS zile now (I had been using Debian's 1.7b3) and that should help me check (and find more bugs).

It's nice to see the allegro interface. Having zile easily running under different terminals without the need for emulation could be a good selling point and give it another niche as a nice editor that is easy to make the first you port to a new platform.

I have a bit more free time at the moment, so I hope I will soon be able to get the termcap interface working properly. I also thought of doing a direct vt100 interface (which would also work under xterm) and be a good alternative to termcap for OSes that don't have it (of course, where termcap does exist, it is the most portable version). Then ncurses remains as the fastest interface, and the one with the best keyboard support (at least, so far).

Also, I think it would be good to start making 1.8-a releases soon. Any objections? We're not going to make it in time for sarge (that will be 1.7-b3 plus patches), but it would be good nonetheless to have a sense of progress towards a new stable release. Maybe Nicolas will make us a backports.org release of a stable version of zile once we have it.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | compulsion, n.  the eloquence of power (Bierce)