help-zile

Re: [Help-zile] Next steps

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: [Help-zile] Next steps
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 13:12:02 +0700

Hi Reuben,

On May 12, 2014, at 1:59 AM, Reuben Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
> I suppose that some sort of adaptive remerging of sections that have not been
> edited for a while might also be good.

...which reminds me to ask: does Zile (any flavor/fork/derivative) do prune of
the undo tables?  I remember some discussion about chunking undos, but AFAICT
the undo stack just grows until there's no memory left, right?  (Presumably to
match Emacs).

Pragmatically, it seems as though it would be more useful to constrain the undo
stack to some (very?) large size rather than crash on out-of-memory, no?

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT gnu DOT org)