help-zile

Re: [Help-zile] Next steps

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Help-zile] Next steps
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:09:16 +0100

On 12 May 2014 07:12, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:

Pragmatically, it seems as though it would be more useful to constrain the undo stack to some (very?) large size rather than crash on out-of-memory, no?

I think it should be pruned on OOM. Essentially, I think it's similar to file system caching: you want all available memory to be used (only the undo state is typically smaller, so you don't expect or try to use all the memory all the time!).

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org