info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 11:02:41 +0200

Josh Wyatt skrev:

> I wanted to report that I downloaded and compiled the 20070330 CVS Xnee
> (had troubles building pnee, but I disabled that since I'm only using
> cnee), but I still did not have any success.
>
> Here's what I did.
>
> 1. Using cvs-20070330 I tried a pre-recorded (using Xnee 2.05) .xnl file
> which just issues a 'pwd' and an 'ls -l' in an xterm.  It replayed
> properly in the Xnest window, but did not replay properly in the Xvfb
> xterm.  The results were the same as before: xwd/xwud shows that nothing
> got typed into the xterm.

Did you do the xmodmap transfer of keymaps before replaying to the
Xvfb-display?

Making a generic solution for recording and replaying between different
keymaps is tricky. I've given it some thoughts and am not sure on what
is the best (and easily maintained) way to do it.... so there's no code
in Xnee to handle replaying to different keymap, even though I have some
kind-of-working code locally on my machine here :)

/hesa