info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb

From: Josh Wyatt
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 12:29:29 -0400

Henrik Sandklef wrote:

Solution 1
=====================
 * Record keycode (done today) and the keysym (not today) for
     all non-modifiers

 * When a non-trivial keysym is to be replayed, find what
   keycode+modifiers are needed to make the keysym happen
   ... fake 'em

Too complex .... Solution #2 will be used.
Allthough parts of the code to handles this will be used to fix the
german keyboard/@ bug  (therefore the crossposting)

I've been thinking about this a good bit, and it seems to be the most elegant
solution to an inelegant problem.

The only other real option would be some sort of user education; for example, a
specific caveat in the documentation that the keymap should be the same on both
displays (record and playback).

Thanks,
Josh

Solution 2
=====================
 * Before recording, store keymap to file map1

 * Record as usual

 * Before replaying, store keymap
   (of display to where we replay) to file map2

 * 'Transfer' keymap (map1) to display where we replay

 * Replay as usual

 * 'Transfer' back the old keymap (map2)

Both solutions has pros and cons....
... one major problem with #1 is that there will be different number of
events faked than was recorded :(