info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb

From: Josh Wyatt
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 08:14:37 -0400

Henrik Sandklef wrote:
Josh Wyatt skrev:

I wanted to report that I downloaded and compiled the 20070330 CVS Xnee
(had troubles building pnee, but I disabled that since I'm only using
cnee), but I still did not have any success.

Here's what I did.

1. Using cvs-20070330 I tried a pre-recorded (using Xnee 2.05) .xnl file
which just issues a 'pwd' and an 'ls -l' in an xterm.  It replayed
properly in the Xnest window, but did not replay properly in the Xvfb
xterm.  The results were the same as before: xwd/xwud shows that nothing
got typed into the xterm.

Did you do the xmodmap transfer of keymaps before replaying to the
Xvfb-display?

I did not do the transfer of keymaps with the CVS release.  I'mm sorry, I had
the impression that the CVS release would not require this step...

Making a generic solution for recording and replaying between different
keymaps is tricky. I've given it some thoughts and am not sure on what
is the best (and easily maintained) way to do it.... so there's no code
in Xnee to handle replaying to different keymap, even though I have some
kind-of-working code locally on my machine here :)

/hesa

Perhaps an option to capture the keymap at record time, and re-import it during
playback?

It seems that a playback might not be very useful, if the keymap is not
correct.  In other words, a successful playback seems to depend on a good (or
even maybe identical?) keymap...?

Thanks,
Josh