libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] april meetup?

From: Blaise Alleyne
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] april meetup?
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:12:56 -0400

On 07/04/15 04:59 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 07 2015, Bob Jonkman wrote:
>
>> I would like to extend to everyone in LibrePlanet an invitation to any
>> Ubuntu Release Parties.
>
> Ohh, before I forget...
>
>   <https://wiki.debian.org/ReleasePartyJessie>
>
> It would be totally awesome if our group could organize a release party
> for Jessie in Toronto!  (Just thinking aloud here...)

Just thinking aloud too... Would it be weird / an imposition on the Ubuntu group
to make it a joint Ubuntu/Debian release party?? If LibrePlanet ON takes on
promoting to the Debian audience and the Debian side of the event?

The release dates are just so close, and Debian *is* Ubuntu's upstream / the two
still share much in common... as long as it wouldn't be taking away from or
hijacking the Ubuntu release party though! I would only think this would be a
good idea if it were received positively as an addition and supplement and bonus
and benefit etc. to the Ubuntu Release Party, *not* than a
complicating/competing/distraction factor or an imposition...

Feel free to say if this is a bad idea, Bob!