Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: gub: I can now completely build lilypond
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:30:17 +0100 (CET)

> because you wrote "no longer bound to a certain architecture", I gave
> it a try on my 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04.  [...]
>
> [...]
> building package: darwin-ppc::odcctools
>  *** Stage: download (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
>  *** Stage: untar (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
>  *** Stage: patch (odcctools, darwin-ppc)
> sh: 1: ./32bit: not found
> error: cannot run 32 bit executable: 32bit
> [...]
>
> Not really surprising for me, or should it been working?

It should work.  I exclusively use a 64bit openSUSE box.  However, I
have a lot of 32bit packages installed needed for other stuff.

Looking into `gub/cross.py', I see the following comment:

  def setup_linux_x86 (logger, name, x86_cross):
      '''Hack for using 32 bit compiler on linux-64.

      Use linux-x86 cross compiler to compile non-64-bit-clean packages such
      as nsis and odcctools.  A plain 32 bit compiler could also be used,
      but we do not have such a beast.  Make sure to have 32-bit
      compatibility installed:
          apt-get install ia32-libs
      '''

  [...]

So it seems that you have to add some packages – and the gub
installation instructions should probably be updated, too...

    Werner