Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines

From: Reggie
Subject: Re: Aleatoric Elements with barlines
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 08:55:55 -0700 (MST)

Aaron Hill wrote
> On 2019-01-07 6:04 am, Reggie wrote:
>> Please can someone show me in Lilypond how possibly can you adjust or
>> change
>> the space before the first repeats in order to acheive the attached
>> image? I
>> don't know if you move padding or add hidden to padding but I'm
>> confused.
>> Thank you. My best effort
>>
>> [ . . . ]
>
> Since you are going to have bar lines that do not line up, you need to
> follow the advice in this post[1] by Urs.
>
> Otherwise, it should be easy enough to change the relative duration of
> the leading rests using the scaling operator.  That is, "r1*2" or
> "r1*1/2".  You will need to have a corresponding spacer rest (with
> appropriate scaling) on each staff to compensate for the variable
> lengths at the start so that the final bar lines will line up.
>
> [1]: http://lilypondblog.org/2014/05/independent-meters/
>
> -- Aaron Hill

Hi Aaron thank you for that help. I don't like to use indepedant meters
however since this section I believe should be cadenza for easy input.
However, I add spacer rests like you said but it makes everything way wrong
too many repeats and breaks everything. I don't see what you mean to add.
Can you give one example of a pairing of spacer and r1* to move one repeat
barline successfully? Many thanks. My error image.  error.png
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/error.png>