Re: System spacing for Certain

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: System spacing for Certain
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 18:43:27 -0600

On 1/16/2019 4:04 PM, Reggie wrote:
I just want to learn how to adjust the middle staff not
system as example here.

Thank you for that image in the original post! I hadn't seen that until now. Here's an extremely ugly way getting the effect I understand you want: add lots of invisible lyrics at the note where you want the staves further apart.

% BEGIN

  \version "2.19.82"

fakeLyrics = \lyricmode { \repeat unfold 11 { \skip 1 } adjust this space only }
  <<
    \relative c'
    \new Staff  { \repeat unfold 25 { c1 } e e e e e e e e e e e e e  }
    \relative c'
    \new Staff \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = 20
    }

    {
      \new Voice = "voice1" { \repeat unfold 10 { c1 } c }

     % \break
% \overrideProperty Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
     % #'((extra-offset . (0 . 10)))

      c c c c c c c c c c c c \break c  c c c c c c c
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "voice1" \fakeLyrics

    \relative c'
    \new Staff  { \repeat unfold 25 { c1 } c c c c c c c c c c c c c }

% END

PDF attached for convenience. The next step would be getting the lyrics to not actually appear. Changing font color to something invisible, likely white. And maybe having just one lyrics and making the font size enormous. There's probably a better way; perhaps I can provoke a more elegant solution by posting a monstrosity such as this.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA