Re: postscript printers for lilypond

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: postscript printers for lilypond
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 13:00:41 +0100

address@hidden writes:

>  I'm looking for a new printer since the old one was fried by the
> lighting (i.e. the thunder thing, not light in the room).

That doesn't help at all regarding your question, but the thunder thing
is called "lightning" unlike the light in the room.

> It seems that colour lasers are all glossy and some b/w one too.
> Inkjet, e.g. HP pagewide and WF-C8190DTW are superbly matte but their
> blacks don't cover the area (there are small white dots all over) and
> the edges are irregular, not sharp. The Kyocera TASKalfa is superbly
> sharp but the blacks gives glare in the wrong light (as it always are)
> and it don't handle lilyponds postscript.

"it don't handle lilyponds postscript" according to which test?  I just
recently removed a Ghostscriptism (using max/mix operators) that would
have made regular PostScript interpreters barf.  Maybe that's fixed in
master now?

--
David Kastrup