Re: Configuration Point & Click

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Configuration Point & Click
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:23:30 +0100

Il giorno gio 31 gen 2019 alle 12:14, foxfanfare <address@hidden> ha scritto:
David Wright wrote
 That doesn't tell me whether you run a DE or just a WM.

Sorry I thought it was clear as i3 is a WM. I haven't install a desktop
environment, the $DESKTOP_SESSION command returns a blank line.

I have spent several hours yesterday trying to figure out where the problem
is but still I can't find it... I also may have cry victory to soon...

Actually, the LP gnome 3 scripts did make a difference but doesn't seem to work properly either. If I open the PDF alone and click on a link, it still
goes to the browser.

I had this problem when setting up point and click in Windows. It was caused by some missing environment variable. How did you install lilypond? From Arch repository? Or from lilypond.org installer (the .sh file)? My guess is that you are using the Arch package, because the installer sets all the needed variables for lilypond-invoke-editor. You can check it with this command:

$ cat `which lilypond-invoke-editor`
#!/bin/sh
export PYTHONPATH="/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/lib/lilypond/current/python:/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/python:$PYTHONPATH" export GUILE_LOAD_PATH="/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current" export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
me=`basename $0`
exec "/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/bin/guile" "/home/fede/.local/lilypond/usr/bin/$me" "$@"

That's the installer file.
If you see a scheme file, you are using the Arch package.

Please paste the output of these two commands (if you don't have /etc/hostname, replace it with another text file you can read):

echo $LYEDITOR
xdg-open textedit:///etc/hostname:1:1:2

What is new is when I launch the LP file with vim, and
then press F6 to open the PDF in a new window, the link seems to be opened in the same file. But then I get a lot of message errors due to the fact the
document was already opened and has an existing swap file. Also before
seeing the screen telling me the warning of the swap file, a line appears in
the vim window saying : Vim Input is not from a terminal.

Same problem here with the swap file. It's the problem we already discussed: vim is being opened in a new instance/process/window each time you click on the PDF.. I hoped that clientserver could help, but I cannot make it work. In Fedora 29 only gvim has clientserver enabled:

[~]$ gvim --version | grep clientserver
+clientserver      +job               +perl/dyn          +user_commands