Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 18:20:22 +0100

Am 05.02.19 um 18:17 schrieb David Kastrup:

Hi David,

I have no idea what you mean by "an interface could be added".  Grob
interfaces are a fixed component of the grob data structure: you cannot
add or remove them at will.  A certain grob type either has an interface
or not.  It's not a per-grob decision to make.
Looking at the list
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/graphical-object-interfaces>,
I don’t see a "measure-centred-interface" or something obviously
equivalent. So what I meant was: can/should such an interface be
created [i.e., "added to that list"], and then the appropriate grob
types be made to have that interface as part of their makeup?
What do you think the presence or absence of some interface implies?

Either that it doesn't make sense to have it, that it is impossible to have, or that noone has bothered implementing it yet?

I have the impression you are slightly talking beside each other.

Urs