lout-users

Composite character bug?

From: Efraim Yawitz
Subject: Composite character bug?
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

I've been trying out some things with composite characters, and I was able
to make my own file with a couple of characters which worked.  When I
tried to test some of the composite characters which come with the 3.24
distribution, however, the program segfaulted while trying to read the
Ti-Rm+ AFM file.  I've played with it in gdb a bit, and it seems that the
function NameRetrieve in z38.c doesn't find the character 'Ccaron' (the
first one in the file), in its hashtable, so it returns '\000', and
MapCharacterEncoding calls an Error function which for some reason
segfaults inside of vprintf.  In any case, the problem seems to be with
the hashtable, but I don't know what it is yet.  (NameRetrieve seems to
have been optimized to a macro inside of MapCharacterEncoding by gcc, so
it was a little hard to follow in the debugger.)  Has anyone else had this
problem, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ephraim