lout-users

Figure troubles

From: Mark Christiaens
Subject: Figure troubles
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:17:59 +0200 (MEST)

I'm using lout 3.25.  I've included a dozen figures taking up almost half
a page each in my document.  Each figure is surrounded by a box:

 @FigureFormat  { @ShadowBox { @HExpand @CC { @Body } }         }

This seemed to work well until now.  Lout doesn't seems to be trying to
put more than two figures on one page and then notices this isn't
possible:

   243,5: 0.3c object too high for -0.0c space; will try elsewhere
  310,11: 12.7c object too high for 3.8c space; will try elsewhere
  354,11: 6.4c object too high for -0.0c space; will try elsewhere
   364,2: 0.4c object too high for -0.0c space; will try elsewhere

Now the strange thing is that these figures seem to leave their box behind
at the point where lout tried to insert them.  Also Lout doesn't seem to
get that it should move these figures to a different location were they
might fit since the same error keeps recurring even after several runs.
I tried with all sort of combinations of "FullPage", "TopPage", ... but
things continue to go wrong (figures even get different numbers).

Is the above construct for "boxing" a figure incorrect?  Are there any
other tricks for figures anyone can give me?  Any help would be welcome.

Mark

# Mark Christiaens
# address@hidden
# Engineer in the Computing Science