lout-users

Re: Several newbie questions

From: Jeff Kingston
Subject: Re: Several newbie questions
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:42:39 +1100

Steffen,

> I tried that to solve my "first page different" problem:
>
>   @StartOddTop {
>     @Place
>       x { left + { right - xsize } / 2 }
>       y { top - foot - ysize - 1c }
>       {
>         @Box linewidth { none } { 2.8c @Wide @Scale @IncludeGraphic
> logo.eps }
>       }
>   }
>
> But Lout says: "symbol @Place unknown or misspelt."

Darn.  There is no reason why @Place should not work there, except
that I seem to have defined it in the wrong package.

However, here's another option:

   @StartOddTop {
       @Centre @ZeroHeight {
         @DP
         2.8c @Wide @Scale @IncludeGraphic logo.eps
       }
   }

This should centre the graphic near the top of each page, but fool
Lout into thinking it occupies no vertical space.  For @ZeroHeight
and other symbols that may be useful in fiddling around with placing
objects, see the section entitled "Precise object placement" in the
user's guide.

> It would probably suffice to have a logo placed on all pages but the
> first. How can I achieve this?

For this, you need to do the above, but on NonStart pages rather
than on Start pages.

Jeff