lout-users

user def symbols for use in @Eq - misbehaving!

From: Daren Scot Wilson
Subject: user def symbols for use in @Eq - misbehaving!
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:39:25 -0800

What are the limitations on what a user defined symbol can contain? I think I am running into some obstacle.

In mydefs I have written

    def @opone {times}

In the lout source file there is:

    @Eq {x @opone y = x times y }

The final output, converted to PDF, shows

    xtimesy = x × y

Why is the @opone symbol not working?

Lout ran without showing any error messages. There are other similar definitions in mydefs that work fine. (The problem reported in the previous message was "solved" by commenting out lots of stuff temporarily. I still need to resolve that.)

I tried some simple variations, speculating that some subtle ambiguities were involved, but there's no change.
    def @opone { times }
    def @opone {{times}}

--
Daren Scot Wilson