lout-users

Re: user def symbols for use in @Eq - misbehaving!

From: Daren Scot Wilson
Subject: Re: user def symbols for use in @Eq - misbehaving!
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 15:15:27 -0800

Ah, this is getting interesting. I added "extend @Eq" as Wolfram suggested, and the problem went away. _That_ problem; there are several other defs to which I added that extra preamble. Now Lout is quitting with the complaint "import extend not in scope" but only for the first def when it has this preamble. Clearly there is more to study...

The @Math/@Eq thing is a new one - haven't heard of that until now. Missed that memo! Tell me when that happened.

I'm using Lout 3.39, and was reading (unwittingly) the User's Guide for 3.31. That might be one reason I'm running into trouble.

Resisting the urge to give up and do it all with a crayon and paper, I will be studying the Expert Guide. All things considered, even with a few puzzling problems along the way, using Lout is *way* better than the typewriter and white-out I used when I first wrote this paper back in 1981. *Wayyyyy* better!