Re: LYNX-DEV platforms lynx is available for

From: Duncan Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV platforms lynx is available for
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 07:31:19 +0400 (GMT-4)

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Subir Grewal wrote:

> traffic on the Lynx-Dev list.  I also need information about ports to Mac,
> Windows, DOS (and any other platform you can think of).  The page is
> incomplete.  Wherever you see ??? that means I have to add one piece of
> information.  Our T3 via Nysernet just went down as well so I can't go

Hokay, under Unix:
Linux 1.2.13 (SLang/NCurses/normal)
Linux 2.0.12 (SLang/NCurses/normal)

Course, for the slang ver to work, slang must be installed.  I don't have
any other Linux boxes I can play with, actually, I might be able to test
a build on a 1.3.18 box if needed.  If anybody's interested, on the
2.0.12 box, a stripped lynx image is 531628 bytes.  I think I'll try
stripping some of the stuff out and see what happens..

Out of curiosity, would browser.org have a local copy of the latest
SLang?  Ie, have everything in one place for anybody that wants Lynx, or
would that put too much strain on the server and its link?

Oh yes..thanks Rob..

Duncan Hill