Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://lynx.browser.org/ "Home Page"

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Re: http://lynx.browser.org/ "Home Page"
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 13:07:23 -0500 (EST)

"Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)" <address@hidden> wrote:
>[...]
>Check at [Foteos Macrides] pages for more information about the
>development of Lynx software from versions 2.4 through 2.6.  Fote has
>greatly advanced the state of the art in textual web browsing.
>[...]

        It's 2.3 through 2.6, but I don't see any need for changes of
Rob's cover page (aside from the "Wylbur" typo, which should be dropped
altogether, and an HTML Pro reference after the update is released),
since the information about me is on the Lynx Enhanced Pages, to which
Rob has a link, and nobody wants to read about history over and over
again when they're using the cover page to access some link in it.
There's also no need for WFBR links beyond those on Subir's pages for
the base v2.6 distribution sites (and ours is not the best site for
that, because of all the conjestion and router problems at our NEARNet
hub until late at night).

        Well, actually, the links to the Yahoo and UKans About Lynx
pages but yield utterly obsolete information, which could be misleading
to people who don't know it's obsolete.

                                Fote